You were brought into this physical life with established beliefs and guidelines that your family and community taught you to follow. These principles may vary from place to place and culture to culture but, no matter where you live, everyone is born into a world full of rules and expectations. Some of you may feel comfortable not questioning the status quo. If that works for you, that’s okay. However, more and more people are beginning to see the world in a different light. They are opening their minds and hearts to new possibilities.
It is becoming common place to question the ideology you were raised to believe. This change in mindset is happening at a higher rate right now because many people are experiencing spiritual awakenings. The spiritual awakening is the beginning of your spiritual journey. It is when you become more aware of yourself, the people around you, your surroundings and your beliefs. You start to realize that there is a better version of yourself, a more enlightened version of yourself. You start to seek out knowledge on how to reach that level of consciousness. But first you must learn who you truly are and what you truly believe in.
As your inner eye beginnings to open during your spiritual awakening, you start to question if the choices you made were really your choices, or if they were the choices your culture expected you to make? You may ask if the way you are living really does bring you joy or if you are just living that way because you were taught that this is how you should live? You may even question if what you believe in is a belief you were raised to agree with or if you truly and wholeheartedly have faith in it. These questions take some serious soul searching and can be very difficult to contemplate but, it’s an important process to go through to genuinely understand yourself.
If you find that your understanding of life has shifted, you will most likely go through a period of realignment. This is when you choose to change your way of thinking. You decide that just because you believed something your whole life, it doesn’t mean it’s something that you have to continue to believe. When you realign your beliefs you unlearn knowledge and the way of thinking that no longer aligns with your soul. Instead you pursue education that truly resonates with you. This process may make you feel lonely, disconnected and honestly, even a little mental at times but, please don’t let that stop you. You often have to unlearn a lot of the cultural and societal programing in order to remove the roadblocks that keep you from gaining the fulfilling knowledge that will actually be on the same vibration as you. Once you have unlearned and freed up mind-space, you allow yourself to be more receptive to new information.
A Few Ways to Realign:
- You have to want to let go of beliefs that no longer harmonize with your energy. Sounds easy but it can be very uncomfortable. It can be pretty difficult to go against something you put stock in most of your life.
- Learn as much as you can about the notion you want to let go of. I know, it sounds counterproductive. However, many times when you dive deeper into a topic, you can discover exactly why you want to move away from it.
- You must have an open-mind. If you are not open to new ideas, then you are not willing to release the old ones, if needed.
- Explore partially opposing views. I say partially because many times when you go to the extreme opposite it can be too much to handle. It can then lead you to close yourself off to new viewpoints.
- It is important to be inquisitive. Ask questions about everything. Don’t be afraid to seek insight. Gobble up knowledge from resources like books, podcasts, websites, etc. Also don’t follow anyone blindly. Question everything you learn and use your intuition to guide you.
If you sincerely feel that something you were taught to believe just doesn’t sit right with you any more, please examine it and search your soul to see how you really feel about it. The exploration of your beliefs through realignment brings you one step closer to knowing your true self. This process can help you find the path to becoming more in sync with the enlightened version of yourself that you are destined to become.