When you think of clearing negative energy, you probably first think of smudging with the smoke of sacred plants like sage and palo santo. However, that method of cleansing might not work for you if you have respiratory issues or if you don’t like the smoky smell. Luckily there are other ways to clear unwanted energies without aggravating your lungs or your nose.
There are essential oils that you can use that have similar properties to sacred herbs, if not the exact same. If you don’t like burning sage, you could use sage oil that comes from the same plant. However, sage is not the only essential oil that aids in clearing unwanted energies from your space.
Oils for Clearing Negative Energy
- Sage smoke is known to be used in indigenous practices to clear negative energy. Sage oil has the same cleansing and healing properties as the smoke. Sage can also help with joint pain, as well as help you find clarity and balance. Clary Sage is a good alternative but doesn’t have all the same properties as Sage Oil. However, Clary Sage does have the ability to clear negative energies, relieve stress and promote calmness.
- Lavender essential oil cleans the air and calms the mind. Lavender oil is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It helps alleviate anger, depression and anxiety by promoting relaxation.
- For centuries, Frankincense has been used in religious practices to purify space and cleanse negative energy from people during holy ceremonies. In addition to being an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, Frankincense is known to help relieve anxiety and stress. What you might not know is Frankincense oil has the ability to improve neurological function and boost immunity.
- Lemongrass oil encourages movement and flow. It assists in releasing unwanted and stagnant energies to make room for more positive energy.
- Citrus Oils (orange, lemon, etc. ) inspire playfulness and joy. They encourage an uplifting and bright mood which helps keep negativity at bay.
- Eucalyptus oil doesn’t just help with opening up your sinuses but it also helps to open up your heart energy. This allows you to release old hurts and be open to more loving energy.
- Peppermint oil is energizing and refreshing. It helps reduce worry and stress. Peppermint oil is also used to relieve headaches and muscle pain. It is often utilized when someone needs help focusing.
- Cypress oil is grounding and will help anchor positive energies as well as protect you against negative energies.
- Cedarwood is another grounding oil that helps induce a feeling of calm and peace. Cedarwood oil promotes relaxation as well as focus.
- Tea Tree Oil can kill viruses, bacteria and germs. Its antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties make it perfect for cleansing energy by means of cleansing the air.
Clear and Calm Diffusing Blend:
- 4 drops Wild Orange Oil
- 3 drops Lavender Oil
- 3 drops Cedarwood Oil
- 2 drops Frankincense Oil
Energy Clearing Spray:
- 10-15 drops Clary Sage Oil
- 10-15 drops Lavender Oil
- 2 tbsp Witch Hazel
- Top off with water